No business can exists without customers. However, finding customers on the internet can be a challenge for most Bricks and Clicks retailers. Once you know who your audience is, where they hang out online and what they respond best to, you can begin to market…
The vastness of the internet
Online advertising and the retailer’s website can be exposed to thousands of people around the world for little cost due to the vastness of the internet.
The challenge is to find to the customers online.
Steps to find customers online
Dean Brookstone proposes the following steps to find customers online:
- Register and set up your website/blog and ensure it’s optimized for mobile devices;
- Help customers to find you on Google by making use of a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy;
- Keyword research – find out what keywords or keyword phrases will attract customers to your website;
- Start a blog page for your retail business – writing blogs with great content will draw customers to your website;
- Use hyperlinks to grow your business – internal- and inbound links show Google which pages of your website are the most important. The links may also help to improve your page ranking;
- Introduce your retail business on the social network sites. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram are excellent platforms to find customers online;
- Use email campaigns to build relationships with people and to turn them into customers;
- Measure your progress with analytics to improve your business.
If you put all these steps together, you will find the customers that are seemingly lost in the vastness of the internet.
If you need help with your Digital Marketing campaign or Business Planning, please visit eBizplan.